Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been a gun guy for 45 plus years. Have done a lot of shooting of all kinds and like to work on, build or rebuild bolt action rifles. I’ve always been interested in SAA’s and I’m trying to learn all I can before taking the jump to buy my 1[SUP]st[/SUP].

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The good thing about Colts is there are so many different ones to choose from. You need to make up your mind which era you want to collect and then purchase some of the many great books that help you with the subtle differences. The Study of the Colt Single Action Army Revolvers by Graham, & Kopec, & Moore, should be one of the first books your purchase if you want to collect SAA's. I also like Colt Single Action Revolver Handbook 1955 - 1975 by Don Wilkerson too. But those are just two books that will help you get started. I have only been collecting SAA's for about a year, but they are kind of like potato chips, you can't have just one. I mostly concentrate on a couple of calibers and mostly second generation. Here are a few of mine. Enjoy.

Gun Revolver

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome! Wolfcoin, Thanks for recommending the books and nice collection! My first has to be a 38-40.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi and welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to; I love firearms, in the last 39 years I've owned so many of them, from bolt-action rifles that I still shoot at the range to high end "slabsides", from old Lugers to SIG-SAUERs.
As much as I love the heritage of the venerable "1911", the most iconic pistol of all times, to me nothing like how a "CZ Shadow 2" fits in your hand, while if you want a Jack of all trades the SIG-SAUER P226 is a stellar pistol that runs like clockwork, especially the older ones made in West Germany.
I was an avid collector of vintage firearms for years, until I realized that an ever-taller pile of unneeded guns made my life no happier, so at a certain time I decided to prune my collection and enjoy more the guns that I owned.
After such a long time of guns-ownership and thousands of rounds of ammunition I have been reloading over the years I still love shooting at the range every single week.
I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good, shoot safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts