Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like there are a lot of us from the show me state. I'm new to this site, but not new to colts. I grew up in a gunshop and back then it was colts and smiths. I have a decent collection and hope my son will continue on when he gets old enough. I was also bitten by the winchester bug back then also. I'm sure many on here can relate, my wife says my hobby is too expensive and wants me to sell anytime I get a new gun. anyway it's nice to see so many colt lovers like myself.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Colt Forum. I hear you about expensive hobbies. Until retirement I collected cars. Mrs. Colt-SL wasn't exactly a happy camper over most of them. :rolleyes:
Nice to have you here!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have one of the few women who don't shop or care for much jewelry. I've bought diamond earrings and she doesn't wear them. only shopping she likes is getting stuff for our son.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Hello I live in O'Fallon, Mo but grew up in the state streets of STL. If your wife forces the sale of Colt's please give us Mo guys first crack :). Us Mo guys just plan a get together before the weather gets too cold to enjoy being outside

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dad and uncle both collect so they have first shot, but now that I have a son I tell her they are his to do what he wants to do with them. but I do sell some from time to time. I just sold a new series 70 and I have a 9mm that I would part with

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
I know about those two, I am the person you were emailing with but we didn't come to terms.
my dad and uncle both collect so they have first shot, but now that I have a son I tell her they are his to do what he wants to do with them. but I do sell some from time to time. I just sold a new series 70 and I have a 9mm that I would part with

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, fitter. Don't be afraid to share pix of those Colts!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya I need to get some pics of my ponies. I just sold two of them so I gotta update my records and might as well get a group photo. thanks for all the warm welcomes.

·
Premium Member
4,614 Posts
Hello there fitter562;

Just wanted to say thanks for coming over and joining us. You've come to the very best place on the Internet for information on Colts of all kinds.

We all hope you'll enjoy your stay here so any time you need some help just let us know.

Good luck, and Welcome to the Colt Forum.

Bud

looks like there are a lot of us from the show me state. I'm new to this site, but not new to colts. I grew up in a gunshop and back then it was colts and smiths. I have a decent collection and hope my son will continue on when he gets old enough. I was also bitten by the winchester bug back then also. I'm sure many on here can relate, my wife says my hobby is too expensive and wants me to sell anytime I get a new gun. anyway it's nice to see so many colt lovers like myself.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey fitter562, I'm in STL as well. I'm the fourth steward of our collection, and my thoughts are on my son inheriting it as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my dad and grandpa had a gunshop when I was little. all the guns went to my dad after they closed and grandpa passed. my brother has no desire to keep the collection. so due to having the only grandson and name sake, I'm hoping they will end up with me. I do hope I have to wait, I'm in no hurry to inherit. I've always looked forward to being able to get out the guns and wipe them down or shoot them, I just hope my kid will enjoy it. it's been fun over the years collecting and trading with my dad and uncle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts