Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

It's nice to be here. Please excuse my bad english... ;-) I'm interested in old Colt revolvers and pistols especially of the law enforcement sector.

Best wishes,
Eliot

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some of our english isn't so good either. We're delighted to hear from people in other countries. Many of us would like to know more about you and your country's gun laws.
There are a huge number of VERY knowledgable people on this forum, who can answer almost any question you might have about Colts.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Hello Eliot:

I'm from Texas. Please excuse my bad English. So glad you joined. These guys will try to sway S&W lovers over into the Colt camp. I'm tempted but haven' t cracked yet.

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
Welcome . Glad you found us !

What Colt revolvers or pistols do you own ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the nice welcoming!

At the moment I don't own a Colt gun... *shame* Because of the strong laws here in Germany concerning the property and use of firearms.

But, someone in the near future I want to purchase an old first issue/generation Detective Special in .38 Special and a 1911A1 pistol in .45 ACP with vintage (c. 1930s) shoulder holsters... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you for your interest.
Best wishes,
Eliot

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
You have good taste in firearms /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Here's a DS made in 1938 .

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Howdy, Neighbour!

First off, my condolances on the German team not making it quite at the World Cup. But in your defense: Klinsmann did a better job then Van Basten! In the end even I felt a bit sorry for you guys. And that is a bit weird for a Dutch guy, I can tell you that, but "die Mansschaft" played at times great football, so I couldn't help being a bit sympethatic to your side!

On the Colt-side of things a big welcome to you.
There are a lot of guys here who know everything about DS's and 1911's, so feel free and ask anything you need to know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks again! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My sorrow about the World Cup is over... almost... Italy played a good game. Their win was legitimated, but Klinsi did a great job too and so I hope he's going to stick to it.

By the way: I enjoy it to be here. You're really nice fellows!

Eliot

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your 1938 Detective Special with pearl grips is the greatest D. S. I've ever saw... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm searching a vintage shoulder holster (George Lawrence?) for my to-be Detective Special.

What would be a vintage looking substitute till I've found the "right" thing? The Bianchi Model X15 shoulder holster (12356)? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Many thanks,
Eliot

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. We look forward to getting to know a little more about your country, good luck in your Colt quest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts