Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I'm a relative newbie to pistol shooting having recently moved to Switzerland from the UK.

I own one Colt: a Woodsman, 4" Sporter ~1972 according to the serial and my researches.

Am looking at doing some revolver shooting so looking into getting my first wheel gun, a .357 me thinks. (Although there is a sweety .22 S&W17 for sale in my LGS: Please don't hate me already! Having said that there is also a .22 Trooper Mk III as well so who knows).

Looking forward to joining in and learning,

ATB,

Scrummy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks,

I have relies up in Maine, in the Proper Portland as opposed to the fake one in Oregan....

Not made it to TN yet, but defo on the to do list.

I am loving Switzerland, firearms ownership is a joy here, particularly compared to the UK!

ATB,

Scrummy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Welcome to the best assortment of experts, friends, decent guys and gals, and schnorers on the internet.
Seriously, this is the best place to be if you love Colts.

Switizerland used to be even better for firearms ownership. They've tightened up a bit in the last 5 years since some maniac killed a few legislators in either the Fed. body or one of the canton legislatures, I can't remember the details.
It's got to be a 500% improvement over the UK. They were considering banning dinner knives a few years back, can you believe it?

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Welcome aboard, Scrumbag! Glad to see that you were able to make good your escape! ;)

That's what I'm talking about!
I've been waiting for you to post a picture of your M-14.
I qualified with one of these back in 1971. A little later they gave us M-16A1s.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Scrummy. Glad you are enjoying Switzerland. Sounds like no regrets there, but kind of sad you had to abandon "Merry Old England" to fully enjoy your God-given right to arms and self-defense. Do share with us always the joys of firearms ownership among the Swiss!

Ed

·
Registered
161 Posts
Switzerland eh? This forum does have an international flavor. I look forward to your perspectives. Welcome. Regards, Thos

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firearms ownership in Switz is indeed a joy compared to merry old England.

Am currently loving learning about shooting pistols and trying to build up a few pieces.

Firearms ownership isn't really restrictive over here once you have your permit so is great.

Next on the list is a .22 revolver...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts