Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have admired old Colt and S&W SA's for half a century. Only recently did I start using the internet and stumbled onto this Colt Forum outfit last month. Your contributors are informative, civil, sometimes funny, and collectively a valuable source of specialized information. The system you have set up here seems pretty easy to use; nevertheless, I remain gun shy of the very machine I'm typing on at this moment--kinda scares me. Likely I'll be more of a listener than a talker--eager to learn more about those old thumb busters.

Regards,
Thos

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Get comfortable and enjoy listening. But if you don't see what you're looking for, please, feel free to join right in and ask. Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Welcome to the fire pilgrim, pull up a rock, grab a cup of whatever we are serving and seta spell. By the way welcome from Huntsville, Texas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from southeast Texas.

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Welome, Thos! I too enjoy old handguns. And I'm not from Texas, but this place is crawling with them! LOL

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Hi, Thos, & welcome to the Forum. Don't be shy about asking and sharing about all things Colt. The Forum gang is great. Guess that's what brings me back, plus I learn something every time I sign in. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Nothing is so frightening as ignorance in action." Goethe

So now that you have been warned--this is the first time I have joined a group, but my blundering around on Colt Forum has given me useful information at every turn. Thanks for the encouraging welcome notes.

A few of my recent discoveries:
1)"sticky" is not the nickname of some energetic and helpful person (but surely some human hand is behind that system).
2)several of my Colt SAs likely are mongrels of dubious lineage.
3)someone here besides me owns a Colt SA originally bought by a citizen of Austin around the turn of the century (mine is a 5 1/2" nickel .41 shipped in 1900).
4)I need to get a camera and learn how to use it, to be of any benefit to the group.

Little by little, Thos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts