Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new member here from South Central Texas. I grew up hunting around the hill country but havent been out with any firearms in years. I decided to get out my guns out earlier this year and start shooting again so I am going to a local range several times a month.

I have never owned a semi-auto carbine until today. I was at a Walmart and they had several Colt LE6920s and one LE6940. I know Colt mfrs quality firearms so I bought the 6940 and walked out with it 30 minutes later. Kit came with one composite Magpul magazine, a lock, and a couple of strap buckles. There wasnt a cleaning kit or strap included.

I was suprised to see how dry the components are. I will clean and oil it and head to the range in a day or two.

Looking forward to this site and learning more about the carbines/rifles and the Colt history behind them.

The only other Colt I have is a Frontier Scout I inherited from my father. He was a squadron commander with SAC flying the refuelers and he won the pistol in a raffle at a party around 1962.

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome from Colorado and many thanks to your Dad for doing a job that allowed our boys to complete their missions. I'm sure the only thanks he got was from the pilots he kept in the air.

Enjoy your purchase. I imagine if you wanted to you could recoup your purchase price and even have some fun shooting those feral hogs I keep hearing about in Texas.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Welcome from California! Hey, I was wondering. Can we trade Diane Frankenfeinstein for Ted Cruz? We'll even throw in Barbra Boxer.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, JP. My hat's off to your father, also!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the gracious welcomes! I sure have found a lot of good detailed info on the new M4 I have. Planning to head out to a range tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts