Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum from TN. What are you asking? Do you want to sell these guns?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Hello, KMAN, and welcome to the Forum. Definitely a different collection of guns there. I'm sure these will raise the interest of a few collectors here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. Here's the story. I am a gun guy. Love guns. I stopped in old mans gun shop. The old man brought the place out from original owners who can be traced back to like 1903. I go in the shop all the time. The other day I stopped in and always noticed these gold guns in a glass case behind the counter so I finally asked the old man what are those? Props or toys? He says no. They have been in the shop like 40 plus years and are engraved and gold plated colts. Being a gun guy I know colts are worth money especially engraved and old/ vintage in great shape. He is old man with language barrier and neither one of us are computer guys but I know enough to get by. He wants to sell them but I knew a collector would be interested because these guns are not for your average gun guy. Anyway any info on what they might be worth would be nice. He was throwing around $12000 for all 5 guns. Is that a lot for them or too little. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured this is a good place to start. If I find someone who is interested in them and I will point you to old man. He is FFL so it's not an issue shipping or transferring them to another FFL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Colt 1903 .32 514413 (ca. 1933) Colt 1908 .380 78791 (ca. 1924) Colt Pocket Positive 117635 (ca. 1925) Colt Pocket Positive 158736 (ca. 1939)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum.

After a total of 15 posts you may wish to look at our classified section to sell these: Want to Sell

However, know that most are highly specialized pieces that will appeal to a more limited group of prospective buyers. Also consider using Gunbroker.com if you decide to sell. :cool:

·
The Consummate Collector
7,509 Posts
It looks like someone had a few guns engraved and gold plated and then had ivory stocks installed. The engraving does not look factory nor do the stocks. Value would be what someone is willing to pay for these. Good candidates would be Las Vegas pimps or the Cartel in Mexico.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It needs some diamonds to add some bling for the cartel.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Welcome aboard KMAN, and with beautiful guns like those you're more than welcome. This is about the greatest place on the Internet to talk and learn about all things Colt and then some.

Glad you came by so jump on in here anywhere and I hope you enjoy ths place.

All the best to you KMAN.

Bud

Hello. I have a friend with the following guns. Maybe I can be pointed in the right direction. Thanks. Obviously they are old gold plated and engraved. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts