Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have inherited a Colt model 1878 double barrel shotgun. Serial number 5874. I know nothing about guns but I need to sell it as I have no use for it. It seems to be in very good condition and I was told the barrel is damascus. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
welcome to the forum from wnc.sorry don't know anything regarding colt shotguns but you have come to the right place.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum.
First, post your queries about the gun on this forum: Colt Long Guns

Second, after you have 15 posts, why not advertise it in our classifieds under WTS (Want To Sell), seen here: Want to Sell

Another alternative would be to sell it through gunbroker.com. Sharp, clear photos and a detailed description are essential. Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome aboard the Forum, Brad. Pix would be really nice. I'm not smart on antique shotguns, either, but the experts will be along very shortly.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
chefbrad, welcome to Coltforum!

Why don't you look around here, join in some of the discussions, and soon you will be at the 15 post minimum for free classified ads here?

You could post some detailed, high resolution photos of your gun, and get a discussion going on your own Colt shotgun to consume the first 15 posts. Our resident Colt experts, with good photos, and told of all writing on the gun, can tell you all about what you own, when it was built, and what the current market value is. Then, with some knowledge under your belt, you can post a Want To Sell ad here, and our members will pay fair value for your gun, and probably very quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
10 ga or 12 ga? With a serial number of 5874 it was made in 1880.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts