Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking for a couple of days, I like it here. My primary reason for joining is a new-found interest in Colt's double-action revolvers. While researching a decision of whether or not to purchase a Metropolitan MKIII, I discovered that Colt revolvers were really interesting.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum AgentM79! So did you decide to buy the Metropolitan? If so, how about some pictures and the story posted in the revolver section.

The Metropolitan does not get a lot of press around here. Probably because (I suspect) few of us own one. I've been looking for some good examples for several years now with no success. Other MKIII's like the Trooper are discussed with a fair amount of regularity.

The Metropolitan is interesting in that it is a 38 Special built on a 357 J-Frame. There is a whole story behind this as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did purchase the Metropolitan MKIII, and will post pics soon. The gun has significant finish wear, but a verified NYPD lineage.
I, too, have noticed that this particular model gets very little internet press. I like it because it handles/points like a S&W K-Frame, but is far stronger. I'll share my range experiences on the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts