Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your help please -a friends relative recently died and gave him a S and W serial #772xx -5 inch Brrl.by my looking around I am guessing a K-38 or a M+P ........can someone tell me about it and maybe if of any value -it is in beautiful condition ,blue and virtually perfect in appearance and silky in trigger pull ---- I would compare the trigger feel to a Python

·
Registered
323 Posts
icdux1 is right...It's an M&P.
Your serial number puts it in as a Model of 1905 M&P, 2nd change, built between 1906 and 1909. The serial number range went from 73251 to 146899.
That model did not have a hardened cylinder, so I would exercise caution before attempting to fire it with anything other than a low-power wadcutter.
Looks to be a very nice example, and yes, the action is VERY smooth!
Don

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told it was a 4th change over on THR ????what would the difference be?Thanks in advance------also ----does anyone know if this is a rare Humpback hammer ???-one for sale on GA and over at the S and W forum-------??? It looks the same to me -But i am clueless!

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
i dont see any rare features, the m&p in 4,5,6 in. lacking target sites is a pretty common gun,value on the s&w`s is roughly 1/2 simular colt. tell you friend it`s a nice gun but i wouldnt plan on retireing yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts