Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have what appears to be very much like a colt 1908 pocket .25 blued pistol with serial #324xx from my grandfather (which by colt's serial # guide it is 1910)

No slide markings, and the grips are some sort of checkered wood pattern (they do not say colt)

I'm guessing because the slide does not have the colt markings it is not a colt but wanted to find out if the old colt firearms could be custom ordered with naked slide, etc.

I found a actual sized 1908 online and held this gun up to the screen. It was identical in size, shape, and hardware (exact same screw position on grip, trigger identical, rear serrations identical, safety, etc. The gun breaks down exactly as the 1908 directions show online.

The pistol is heavy and does not have much wear on the blue. It is very well made and i've fired it a few times with no issues. I don't believe my grandfather carried it much.

Were there knockoffs from that period? I'll try to get some pictures online when i figure out how.

Thanks!

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Gun barrel Gun Firearm Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun Vehicle Auto part Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
982 Posts
The 1908 Colt is basically a 1906 Browning. If you can find an excellent reference book called Handguns by a Russian guy named A B Zhuk you will see there are literally hundreds of copies of this little 25, most made in Spain or Belgium.
I reckon you will get limited responses because your nick will scare most off.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
As previously stated, there were many copies of the original. Here's one made by the Army War Materials Factory in Chile, along with a well used Colt version.

rayb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts