Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased this Colt 1911A1 but I need some expert opinions on the correctness of the pistol. Does the Colt appear to be in original condition or are there any items that don't belong? I believe the manufacture date is 1942. There is a P located under the mag release and a WB under the slide lock. I think there is a 71 stamped on one side of the trigger guard and a W and a P in a triangle on the other. It also came with a Warren holster but it is in poor shape. Any thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm guessing Colt 1911 (WW1 era) slide, slide stop, & thumb safety with a Colt 1911a1 frame & grips. I'm sure others will chime in and agree or either correct me.

John

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would say no. The slide is pre 1938 by your photos. Look under the firing pin retainer. The SN should be there and matched to the frame SN. If not it is not original.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Slide is definately late WWI production.... barrel is also wrong as it is Parkerized..... Hope you paid for a Mixmaster, since that's what you got.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Probably not a bad price but it is what it is......a mixmaster. The sum of the parts would probably come up just a hair (and I mean a hair) over $800.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
$800 isn't crazy for what you have. It will be a fun shooter. Thousands of these exist because of the re-arsenal program. A mixmaster SAA Artillery model brings a hefty sum maybe these will too some day.

I would suggest you pick up one of the definitive guides by Clawson or Poyer about the 1911 and 1911A1. There are lots of folks out there trying to get rich quick of of unsuspecting buyers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts