Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a box of parts today and I think I have most of them identified but I could use some help with some of them.

If you recognize anything in the pick, feel free to speak up.

I think the top cylinder releases are D frame but the larger ones on the bottom, I'm not sure. E/I frame?

This stuff, I have no idea. Are they even Colt? J frame?

Here is the entirety of my haul from the gun show.

Very cool mining flashlight that I'm still researching.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Top Center Screws are not Revolver Parts. But are like what was used on Carburetors or Magnitos or other Auxiliaries on Aeroplanes ( note the small hole in the Screw Head for Safety Wire ).

Left hand area parts appear to be recent Colt DA Revolver parts.

Hammers Likewise.

So most all parts lower area, left and right, appear to me to be recent Col DA Revolver parts ( rebound Levers, etc ).

Triggers, probably not Colt ( they look 'MIM' - did Colt use "MIM" Parts? )...so no idea what those are out of.

Some of the small Screws appear to be about right for recent Colt DA.

Deep Capstan Head Screws on right, do not look like anything I have seen for Colt DA Revolver though.

I do not see anything I recognize as S & W DA Revolver Parts.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,890 Posts
Here's what I see.

The three cylinder releases are Colt Mark III or Mark V parts.
Third picture, all parts are Colt Mark III or Mark V, with the trigger probably a Mark V, since the Mark III was sintered steel and the Mark V was cast steel. That one looks like cast.

The long screws are Mark III-V rear side plate bolts.

Long levers are Mark III-V transfer bars.

Other parts are Mark III-V cylinder bolts.

Third picture, long screws at the top, some may be Pachmayr grip screws, ones with the hole? are not.

Most other parts in the fourth picture on the left side are Colt "D" frame hammers and other parts, including cylinder latch pins, plate screws, rebound levers, and safety blocks and cams.
On the left side right above the lower trigger is a Colt Mark III-V hand.
A couple of the cylinder latch pins appear to be Mark III or V. If they have roll pins they are Mark III-V.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top Center Screws are not Revolver Parts. But are like what was used on Carburetors or Magnitos or other Auxiliaries on Aeroplanes ( note the small hole in the Screw Head for Safety Wire ).
Actually I know what those are.

Early Armalite/Colt 601 pistol grip screws.

They never used the tie wire hole but they probably sourced them from one of their aircraft part suppliers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.