Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks like an Armi San Marco with shortened barrel and loading lever. Given the ornate flowery
roll engraving between the USMR and Patent panel
it looks like an ASM imported by Replica Arms. Thats just my opinion.
Check areas as noted by others. There is an excellent book
on these replicas.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The Italian proof marks tell you that it is not a genuine Colt. The A1 in the square tells you that it was proofed in 1982. The manufacturers mark has seemingly been removed from the barrel in front of the word 'BLACK'. This is where Armi San Marco used to put their 'A.S.M.' marking so the guy with the long name above :D is likely correct.

Rio

·
Registered
179 Posts
I really like the 70s and 80s Walkers. A few have the proper Colts Patent panel on the cylinder and the Colt NY addess on the barrel although Colt took exception to the practice and stopped them.
Among the Italian repros, the rear of the ASM cylinder is very close to the contour of the originals.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
What did you pay for it? ( If I might ask? )

I have an Armi San Marco 3rd Dragoon, and it has been a very reliable, well made, well finished Revolver.

However, I gather some ASM's are liable to give disappointment in reliability or from internal mechanism troubles.

Even those I am sure can be put right by a competent Gun Smith who is familiar with working on them.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Not important how much it cost. Money coming and going. Important is the honor and honesty seller. And here I see that perhaps I cheated. :(
Well, in my mind, the price you paid matters in the following way:

If you paid $200.00 or $300.00 Dollars ( or it's equivalent on your Currency ) and the older ASM Revolver is a good one and functions well and so on, then, it would not matter as much what the Seller had described it as, since it is still worth about what you paid for it.

And it may well be a good example of some of ASM's better Work, and provide decades of enjoyment and be a reliable, solid Revolver.

If you paid greatly more than that, based on the seller's description of the Revolver being intrinsically something more than it really is, then, the difference between what you paid, and what the Revolver is reasonably worth, becomes important.

You can review Auction Listings ( and follow them to see what the closing price ends up being ) on 'Gunbroker' or other internet Auction Sites, to decide for your self, what a nice enough, used, Armi San Marco 'WALKER' rendition tends to sell for, if wishing to present to the Seller from whom you had bought yours, some realistic Documentaion, representing the actual 'going rate' for this Make and Model Arm.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you fellers who posted your Walker pics are from outside the US, I believe that Replica Arms was an early US importer of Italian replicas to fill the demand for such items for the 100th anniversary of the ACW and the popularity of spaghetti and Hollywood westerns. So they may not be from RA. God Bless John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Val Forgett.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
If you fellers who posted your Walker pics are from outside the US, I believe that Replica Arms was an early US importer of Italian replicas to fill the demand for such items for the 100th anniversary of the ACW and the popularity of spaghetti and Hollywood westerns. So they may not be from RA. God Bless John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Val Forgett.
And Sergio Leone!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.