Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, this is my first post so if I break any rules please let me know! I just bought this Colt last night from the original owner. He bought it new when he was in the AirForce in the 90's and shortly after bought a Govt Model. He said he shot 36 rounds through it since it was new (2 15rd mags and the 1 6round mag). Gun looks to be in 95%+ condition and is really tight. What do you think it is worth? I would like to know everything about this gun before I decide to keep it or sell it.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Colt 1995 O9091 pistol. Nice pistol, grips have been changed, but no big deal. It appears in great shape and if the price is correct, I would've bought it. What else do you want to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The previous owner said those were the original grips which makes no sense since they're hogue grips. He said it was some promo Colt was doing back when he bought it. What do you think it is worth? I really like it but could use the funds to go towards a 6920

·
Registered
427 Posts
More than likely the grips are original. You can get a wide range on here of what it is worth. Tell us what you paid for the pistol, and we'll tell you what we think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Gun came with the case, 1 6rd mag, 2 15rd mags, a safari land should harness & holster, a IWB and OWB holster, and 50 rounds of some pmc ball ammo. I traded an excellent Ruger Gp100 5 inch with 200rounds of ammo for it which I paid $500 for.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Trade for a GP100 (ammo for ammo/etc) with $500 value - you did well. I likely would have done the same thing. Heck, if you don't care for the holsters, you could sell them and bring the purchase "price" closer to $400. The 15rd mags are likely a promag or similar - total junk. I'd sell those off too. Stick with factory mags or wilsons. Overall, you did well.

Nice pistol!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I had a friend that is more into these guns say it is worth around $750. If I were to sell just the gun what do you think I could expect to get for it? I have to choose between this gun or my 88 Springfield Govt model since money is tight.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think you did well. $750 is a little high in my market. Around here it would probably do $600 and maybe stretch to $650.

If you can only keep one...I would probably keep the Government sized pistol, since the little Officer's Models were sometimes problematic due to the short stroke.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Yes, you did well with all that except for the mags. I agree they are probably junk. I have never had any luck with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've decided I will sell just the gun for $700 with the case if anyone wants it. The gun is almost mint. I've cleaned it and oiled it and it looks even better than in the pictures. It was very dry from sitting in a safe for over 20 years. He never cleaned it and it only took 1 pull with a boresnake to get the powder residue out of the bore.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Trade for a GP100 (ammo for ammo/etc) with $500 value - you did well. I likely would have done the same thing. Heck, if you don't care for the holsters, you could sell them and bring the purchase "price" closer to $400. The 15rd mags are likely a promag or similar - total junk. I'd sell those off too. Stick with factory mags or wilsons. Overall, you did well.

Nice pistol!
I agree 100%! You did well. I also think think those Hogues are original. That's a real nice pistol.
-Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts