Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Can you help me identify these sights? They are on a Colt 38 Special Revolver that I purchased recently. At first, I thought they were made by King but now I'm not sure. I think they may have been put on the gun as a matched set.
Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IP,
Thank-you very much. Those sights are on a Shooting Master. I will admit to never knowing that Roper even made sights. I assume the Roper name is the Roper stock name?

I recognize your ID. I'm a moderator on a Forum that you registered on a couple of months back.
Tom

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tom,
Yes it's the same Walter F. Roper that designed stocks. I join a lot of different Forums, don't always
have time to participate in all of them but help when I can.
IP

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[ QUOTE ]
don't always
have time to participate in all of them but help when I can

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, IP,
Thank-you for taking the time to help me. I've learned something today and am presently researching Roper sights.

Thanks again,
Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IP,
With your help that turned into a lead we finally found a description and drawing of the roper sight in the book "Experiments of a Handgunner" by Roper. thanks again.
Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robba,

The seller of that gun in the Gun Broker link certainly thinks they add value. The ones pictured are different than the ones on my Shooting Master. The ones on my gun are exactly like the ones pictured in Roper's book. That isn't to say, though, that he didn't make those on that Officers Model Match. I've been finding that there could be several variations but am not sure yet as to whatis what.
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts