Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father just passed away and I inherited his guns and my grandfathers. The only lose part in this collection is the below Colt 1911 barrel and slide. I am trying to nail down the year and also wondering if it is worth restoring with just these two parts. On the top of the barrel is "45 Auto" and on the slide in the front middle of the rear site is a "P" and another "P" on the hinge of the barrel. I have not been able to match the rear site to any other 1911.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Sights have been added to the slide. Not enough information on the slide to tell who made it. Barrel is a post WWII replacement barrel. From what can be seen it would not be worth the effort and money to find a receiver, especially since the slide has been modified. Slides are common where receivers are not.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sights added by some gunsmith, also has probably been refinished. Barrel hood appears to have been jeweled, also non-factory. Are there any legible stampings on the slide? Nothing collectible about it, but you could build up a pistol if you run across a cheap frame.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Wonder if somebody built up a bullseye gun at some point and then put the original top end back on when they sold or traded the pistol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts