Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here but I have been researching Pythons for a while. I'm trying to find out if the porting on this piece was done by the Custom Shop, as I've never seen this type of porting on a Colt. Also I can't find any grips that look like this. I called Colt and the serial # indicates it was produced in 1988 and is listed as a 4" Bright Stainless.

Would an archive letter indicate if the work was done by the Custom Shop?

Thanks, Zeek
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Product Product Muffler Auto part Material property Magenta Revolver Gun Material property Airsoft gun Metal

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would agree with smutt. It looks as though the barrel was originally a 6" and was cut down from there and ported.They even made a round butt out of the frame.It sure is funky looking.D*

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would agree with smutt. It looks as though the barrel was originally a 6" and was cunt down from there and ported.They even made a round butt out of the frame.It sure is funky looking.D*
My guess was a 4" gun originally. By the way, check your spelling, it had me laughing.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would agree with smutt. It looks as though the barrel was originally a 6" and was cunt down from there and ported.They even made a round butt out of the frame.It sure is funky looking.D*
Yep...got to say that poor Python has been where no Python should go...LOL!!!!!

As to the original question, that work was done by Bubba's Custom Guns and Sawmill Shed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts