Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order a boot grip for my Cobra. Anyone have experience with this grip style from Badger or Eagle?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have a set of Badgers for my Python. While I have found them comfortable, others have disliked them. They really have to fit your hand as the pronounced fingergrooves won't allow much finger movement. The top of the grooves are rather sharp.
I don't know about the boot grip style for a D-frame, but you should check on that.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 07-13-2004).]

·
Registered
153 Posts
My favorite non factory grip on any revolver is the Hogue Monogrip. To me it is a pleasure to shoot a gun with these grips.

But not everyone will have the same impression due to different hand sizes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Paul,

I have Badgers on a Magnum Carry and a Smith 649. They are great. They fit the guns perfectly and the finish is excellent.

The only thing better are modified Mustang grips, which are hard to find. I got the last pair of Detective Special grips that the "JUDGE" had. As soon as I can get to the PO, they'll go to HammerDown to be refinished,

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JCM
I saw the photo of your grips in a previous post. They look great. A few more questions.
Do they cover the back strap?

Do they cover the bottom of the frame?

How much smaller than the three finger model are they?

Thanks

P.S.
Anyone use Eagle Secret service grips?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally, I used the issue grips with a Tyler T-grip on my Agent. However, the sharp checkering tended to abrade my love handles. I replaced them with smooth Eagle Secret Service grips. The SS grips are actually shorter than the factory grips in that the bottom of the grip frame is exposed - nice for pocket or ankle carry. The finger grooves accommodate the middle and half the ring finger with the pinky curled underneath. The SS grips are more comfortable and better looking than the factory grips and much more concealable than Pachmayr Compacs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Paul,

The Badgers do not cover the backstrap but the Mustangs do. Both types cover the bottom of the frame. Both sets of grips add about a 1/4 inch to the length of the grip.

The Mustangs were longer than the Badgers but I cut about a 1/2 inch off, for concealability.

I had a pair of Eagle Secret Service grips for a Smith Model 60. I never really liked them, but I like a large grip.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts