Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
A few months ago I received a Colt 1908 Vest Pocket in on trade for some SKS parts I had around. Through my digging I have determined it has a manufacture year of 1919. It has an aftermarket magazine and a cracked grip as well.
Serial number matches the slide which the slide has 14 serrations
Does not have the Colt symbol on the slide by the safety
It has VP stamped on one side of trigger guard and the numbers 61 on the other side. Let me know if I can provide anymore info.
Thanks!

Colt Vest Pocket Photos by bryceedwards30 | Photobucket

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Appears re-Blued to my Eye.

I have not been following these well to have much of a useful opinion on value.

But, the re-Blue broken Stock would of course be fairly serious deficits.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
+1 with Blackjack. It appears like the frame was buffed at some point as it looks pretty soft and the lack of the Rampant Colt on the slide behind the serrations just re-enforces the buffed theory (heavy handed). Pitting, broken grip panel and bad finish all adds up to a shooter grade N1903 worth somewhere around $200. The same pistol, unmolested, with a low % finish but good grip panels can be had anywhere from $325-$375 due to it's originality. My .02 worth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I think you hit the nail on the head. I've had it advertised for trade the whole time I have owned it but had a couple of offers around $250 so I guess I should reach out to some of those people.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
It doesn't look as bad as some along the edges, but the pony is gone and it had some of the original corrosion gone over.
Those things go for around $400 or so when they are un-screwed up.
I think $250 might be a little on the generous side. Original hard rubber grip panels turn up here & there, and sometimes the occaisional original magazine.
They are nice little pistols; go equally well with a tux or shorts; bear the evidence of superior design & engineering, go 'bang' and are capable of making grisly bloody holes.
No doubt it will make a decent pocket piece for someone.
So, if you get $250 for it, you will have been successful.
The pics were pretty good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only have essentially $100 into the gun so I think no matter what I will do okay. I personally wouldn't carry anything less than a .380 so this Colt just sits on my mantel as a decoration for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.