Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probally been discussed a million times -so I hope no one minds ----------what causes the cylinder turn line ???---------some NIB have one -some used /fired barely have any ...some from factory have it and some have it further up the cylinder ------------Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Besides being out of time,ie; the bolt pops up too quick,improper and hasty closing of the cylinder will cause this,even,as you said,on a gun that is virtually new. Don't let a bare piece of metal slide over the bolt on closing;line cylinder up so it doesn't have to "roll" on its own!

I always close my Colt and S&W cylinders slowly,holding the latch back(or forward in a S&W). Sometime this careful closing might "cost me in a gunfight",but since I carry a "New York Reload",I 'taint too worried!

Bud

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
It is true that the bolt only drags in the bolt lead during normal cycling for a properly timed action like the D, E & I frame DAs where the bolt "toggles" and is held off the cylinder by the rebound lever. This is not true of the J frames and small frames (SF-VI, DS-II, Magnum Carry). The action is different and the bolt drops almost immediately after clearing the notch. This means that even normal cyling can/will cause a turn line. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts