Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Why would you want to restore it??? DON'T!!!! I cant think of one reason to restore it and many not to.
I see it was shipped to Simmons Hardware. That seems to be about the most popular place many letters show. Unless for some reason the action needs work, you aren't thinking of re-blueing I hope.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Just find the right grips at most. Just clean the barrel best you can. It`s become a sin amoung knowledgable gun people and collectors to screw with the finish. You only pay big money and once done will get a fraction if sold of what you would have, had you left it alone. I do believe if something is wrong with the guts to get it fixed though--with the right parts. If your gun is functional I would leave it be except for trying to find the right grips. Now, a already altered gun might be a different story if a person wants to make a "custom" gun out of it. I have myself years ago but even then you will never get your money out if you go to sell it even if a highly respected guru gunsmith does it. Now, if I had a MODERN gun and scraped it or dinged the stock or whatever, that, I might fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.