Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with getting a 1911 for a plinker. Just something to have fun with at the range. Does anyone out there know about the model 1927's? I've heard that if I can get one made by Colt then they're ok, but to stay away from the Argentinian model. What's the straight skinny? And what prices are considered good?

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
a friend has one of the argentine guns.nice gun for its age.not sure what you mean :if you can get one from colt'RIGHT NOW COLTS MOST INEXPENSIVE 1911 IS THEIR 1991 . THEY ARE ABOUT 500-600 BUCKS.shot gun news has advertisments for the argentine guns.not sure how much.
but if your looking for a 1927 model,thats indeed made in 1927 and is in good shooting condision and looks nice i think your looking at alot of money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've heard really good things about the Argie M1927s. I suspect some people confuse the '27 with the Ballestre Molina, which while also adored by some people, is not a 1911 clone. If you're looking for a shooter, then the Argie '27's will be a better deal, because they are more prevalent, and have none of the "collector" value, real or imagined, of the Colt-made guns. Check out Auction Arms, GunsAmerica and/or Shotgun News, and look for "Sistema" as the key word. The argie-made '27's were marked "Sistema Colt" to differenctiate them from the Colt-made guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts