Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the side plate from a D frame PPS. I have finished cleaning the action and replacing the broken latch pin. Anyone know the the trick to get the side plate back on. I seem to be having difficulty getting the side plate to seat flush by both screws. If I get the side plate flush with the rear screw the side plate does not want to seat properly at the front.....Help if you can....God Bless....pastorjeffp

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Pastor Jeff, A1A or Dfariswheel should be along shortly with precise instructions to complete your task without injury to yourself or the firearm. :)

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,089 Posts
First step is to be CERTAIN everything is in correct place.
If the hand has slipped outward slightly, it won't be in place on the rebound correctly and the plate won't seat.
The cylinder release has to be correctly located on the cylinder latch pin.

Install the plate by tilting the top of the plate into place first while getting the cylinder release on the cylinder latch pin.
Then tip the bottom down into the frame. Use a plastic screwdriver to gently tap the plate down until most of it's in place.

Install and snug down the rear screw first but don't tighten it.
Install the front screw and tighten the REAR screw tight, then tighten the front screw.
If everything is properly in place, the plate will be drawn down into place and everything will operate correctly.
If when tightening the screws the plate doesn't draw down...STOP, something isn't right.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, It's all back together and functioning flawlessly without damage to the gun or myself. I now have an exellent example of a 1921 PPS in 32-20. Now, it's off to the range....Thanks Again & God Bless....pastorjeffp

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I just recently had problems getting the side plate back on a friends nickel Python. It's such a tight fit and I didn't want to scratch anything !! Man I struggled and struggled - then walked away for a little while - came back and it went right back together! Glad to hear yours went back together all right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts