Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ultimate Stainless 6 inch Python that I HAVE to change the stocks on. I say HAVE to because I do not like the boring Pachmayr plastic target grips that came on it from the factory. That's right, I used the word GRIPS. Those suckers are ugly and should not be allowed to be called Colt stocks. They even sound plastic when you pick that beautiful wheelgun up.
Does anyone have any SS Python pics with something other that those that I mentioned above ? I like the Badgers that I have on my SS 686, but would prefer to have something with a Colt emblem.
There's a gunshow this weekend and I'll be on the hunt.
Thanks in advance, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gunkwazy,
They don't have an emblem, but if you scroll down to my post on 7/28 (new grips) you can check out some Eagle Ebony's that I just got.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a few Python grips in my archives of the Fitz Pistol Grip Company 1919-1979. There are of unbreakable duramite for the MK1 and have hardwood grips for the MK1 and olympic grips for the MK1 and MK2 models only. Only several each looking for appreciative homes.

------------------
Paul Fitz Jones Retired
Fitz Pistol Grips
Star reloader Reconditioning Center
C-H Saeco Distributor

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Beaver,
I saw those pics, the gun looks great. I just can't seem to get a good grip on the grips. The one you shot with the Blue towel is really tough for me to see the detail of the grips.
Hi Fitz,
What do those Python grips look like ?
By the way, what is duramite ?
Sounds like something my Termite man may use to kill bugs. LOL

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with your assessment of the "plastic" grips on your Python. My wife gave me a 4 in. stainless Elite for Christmas last year. The grips are either copies of Hogues or are made by Hogue for Colt. They're too big for my stubby fingers, so I put on a pair of mint pre-war service style grips with silver medallions from an Official Police. They fit the gun and my hand perfectly. I also didn't care for the brushed finish, so I spent a considerable amount of time polishing so it now looks like an Ultimate. Makes for an unusual-but in my opinion, beautiful-appearing Python that fits my hand perfectly. It also shoots and groups just as well as my other blued models, a 6 in. pre-70 and a 2 1/2 in. 70s specimen.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gunkwazy,
I couldn't seem to get 1 pic where both the grips and finish on the gun came out clear. If the grips were clear then the gun was fuzzy, and visa/versa. I'll give it another try focusing on the grips.

[This message has been edited by beaverislander (edited 08-06-2004).]

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the pic of the grips Beav.
They look pretty nice. By the way, keep in mind when you're shooting pictures that the camera will respond a litle different to the background you choose. Colors and patterns will effect your photos. Sometimes shooting a light background makes the subject look dark. It depends on the camera itself as well as the lighting. Sometimes using a colored background will give a tint to the subject. Keep in mind that the Computer adds 10 pounds. So your wheel gun may look fat even though it's not. Ha ha ha
By the way, who did your engraving ?
Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts