Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine bought a 1930 DS at a gun show yesterday. He's still at the show as he has a couple tables there. He told me on the phone the gun's original stocks were replaced prior to his purchase of it with post '34 RB stocks. He's asked me what would be apopropriate for this SB gun. Will Police Positive stocks fit. Did all the '27-'34 DS's have wood stocks.
Any thoughts appreciated. I've never owned one of this vintage.

Thanks, Jim

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
jcs did not answer the question about which other model stocks will fit. Pre-War Police Positive, Police Positive Special, Police Positive Target and square butt Bankers Special stocks will fit. The Detective Special always had wood stocks (except for the last ones with synthetic stocks of course).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JudgeColt:

Thankyou for this info. Banker Special surprises me. I thought the grip frame was shorter. Live and learn.

Jim

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It's also very important for your friend to know that the pre war D frame square butt stocks have brass liners in the screw holes. The entire revolver line had these brass screw liners when checked walnut stocks became standard in 1924. Post war stocks do not have said brass liners.
Since he wants the correct stocks this is important. It also affects pricing as I am sure you realize.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Malysh: Thankyou for the additional info. I've emailed a link to this thread to my buddy. I've yet to see the gun. Maybe tomorrow.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts