Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - my first post here! I was at a show today and saw a Trooper MKII in 22lr with a 4" barrel. The revolver appeared to be in excellent condition. The number on the frame/yoke was Y1307 - any ideas as to the manufacturing date?

The price was $400 out the door. Is this a reasonable price? I see a lot of Smith 17s/18s in the same condition as this MKIII that would sell for at least this much.

Any issues with the MKIII? The revolver seemed to be well over-engineered for the 22lr - seems like one could never wear one out.

Any info appreaciated!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
That Trooper Mark III would have been the first year of production (for the 22's) which is 1979 based on Wilson's tables. 1979 starts with #Y1001 and 1980 starts at #Y10935. That was a good price on that gun if it is in excellent conditon. I would have purchased it. Maybe you can pick it up today?

There has been a fair amount of information presented on the Trooper Mark III on this forum this year. The revolver is well engineered and typically shoots very well. They were offered in in 22LR, 22 WMR, and 357 Mag/38spl. The 357 Magnum version was introduced in 1969. The Trooper Mark III was discontinued in 1983 with the introduction of the Mark V in 357. They were not cataloged in 1983 by Colt. It is the revolver I seek as a shooter these days, but I feel the ones in as-new condition have collector value in the short term.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts