Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all! I'm not a Colt SAA expert by any means. I was on GB jist browsing and noticed several 3 rd Gen SAA's with UnFluted cylinders. Is this normal for Gen 3 Colt SAA's?
Also....there is a dealer from Moriarty N.M that has alot of NIB Colts. I am interested in a P1840 Colt SAA in 44/40. Have any of Y'all had dealings with Prussia?
Just wondering as the prices seem high and some items are marked Scarce, no record of being made by Colt? Factory fit ivory & stag grips?
Thanks in advance for any and all help! SBH:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Colt SAAs with unfluted cylinders are not common. Colt has made several small batches of these. Scarcity does not seem to translate into increased price. Most SAA buyers want fluted cylinders. Prussia has some good stuff. He prices it quite high in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
I’m not good with the Colt Forum search tool, but this one popped up. In the link below, read thru, or scroll down to Hondo’s Post that has good info.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/single-action-army/258817-what-about-one-gen-3-no-flutes.html

7CB4FCE5-A6C9-4FB4-AD94-541FFF240FD0.jpeg

Also, I remember reading a thread some time ago that I could not find in a search, but I saw where there were model numbers that I found in the back of the Blue Book of Gun Values Book for the full blue and unfluted variations. See above photo and click to enlarge

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Colt SAA item in question is P1940. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts