Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have a photo that is on the Internet already here is how you can repost it here. Right click your mouse on the photo which opens a window....left click on copy
go back to your post and put your mouse where you want the photo...hit ctrl plus v

Your photo choice should magically appear where your cursor was.

If your photo is only on your computer you'll need to host it some where. Easiest...and generally free or minor $ charges for an enormous amount of photo storage to do that is on blog soft ware.

I use blogspot.com which is free, and super easy to use if you take a few minutes to sort it out.

Dave's gun was first opened and then copied here. The horse is off face book. The Colt is off google images.

Now prove you're capable here, grass hopper :)

Don't be shy....repost any of these photos if you can!!??.

Dave's aka jplower's gun/ thumbnail photo copied here on the forum.

Horse off Face book

Colt off Google images

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You can upload directly to forum, but you have to resize the picture or it will only display a link.
yes you can. this is just an easier way to do it if the photo is already hosted..

Two of yours in an easier to view format..took 3 seconds each to repost. Just trying to give folks an option of posting their own photos, full size, with less effort.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm working on a tablet this evening....however....through suggestions of Yahoody....I have figured it out correctly hahaha.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Can anyone teach me how to easily post a photograph that was taken and stored on my phone and include it in a post on this forum. Easy to do on the Smith & Wesson forum. You manage attachments and simply upload. The only way I know to upload into this forum is to email the photographs to myself from my phone, then log in to my home computer, download from email onto desktop, log into the Colt forum, and drag photographs from desktop to proper place on Colt forum. There's GOT to be an easier way, especially since it CAN be done SO VERY MUCH EASIER over on the Smith & Wesson forum!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yes you can. this is just an easier way to do it if the photo is already hosted..

Two of yours in an easier to view format..took 3 seconds each to repost. Just trying to give folks an option of posting their own photos, full size, with less effort.

No doubt for ones already hosted, I have just sworn of image hosting sites. They just don't seem to be user friendly.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
All of my photographs are stored on my computer and a back up hard drive. I have no problems uploading them to any forum.

Rio

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I have no problem uploading a pic from my computer, except that it is slow. To resize, double click on the photo and a screen menu will appear. Choose one of the 3 sizes listed.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I do everything from iphone or iPad. Why can’t this site upload pics directly without using a host site like most other sites can do!

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MarshalC said:
...Why can’t this site upload pics directly without using a host site like most other sites can do!
My guess would be economics. They are reluctant to pay for the hosting of would easily be hundreds of full size photos

1 - 20 of 32 Posts