Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has a pair of Colts which I am not familiar with...They are Troopers in .357, but here's the kicker... They have an integrated laser above the barrel. After doing some research, I was able to come up with some info on them such as they were referred to as the "LPC Model 7" and were built by Laser Products Corporation (later Surefire) in 1979. It was created to be used as an anti-terrorism tool by Special Forces and S.W.A.T. teams. Does anyone have anymore information on them and more importantly, a value? They are in like new condition and come with the chargers, but no boxes. Here are a couple pictures:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yup, battery pack below the grip. Here is a picture of the charging system and of the pistol when the battery pack is removed.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
The Holsters for these would have to be interesting also of course..!

What exactly does it do? Does it provide a Laser "Dot" at Point-of-Aim more or less?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Holsters for these would have to be interesting also of course..!What exactly does it do? Does it provide a Laser "Dot" at Point-of-Aim more or less?
yes, that is correct. If you've seen the movie, "The Terminator", he goes to a gunshop and picks up a 1911 with the same setup. That prop gun was provided to the producers by Laser Products Corporation and shows what it looks like in operation.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here's one for sale on Gunbrokerhttp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=351547598It's been there for at least a month.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Here's one for sale on Gunbrokerhttp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=351547598It's been there for at least a month.
1500 starting bid and he calls it a factory equipped( Which factory ) kind of deceiving to me . Also he has it listed with a buy as is and no refunds quote.
Kind of hard to let go of 1500 bucks and not work in later time or out dated battery packs.
not worth it to me.
but it does look cool though ,interesting for sure

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. Don't have a clue but thanks for posting. As he has two, id one for sale? (grin)
he and I are actually discussing trading for a S&W Model 3 that I have. Both revolvers are very interesting and carry a lot of history.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts