Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: Here\'s a very sweet revolver

Pretty, but it reminds me of what Gen. Patton said, in the movie of the same name, about people who carry pearl-handled revolvers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
JT

·
Registered
23 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty, but it reminds me of what Gen. Patton said, in the movie of the same name, about people who carry pearl-handled revolvers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
JT

[/ QUOTE ]

JT ... just curious. What did he say?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

Hi Addicted,
What makes you say that this revolver is not factory original? While this revolver may or may not be factory original (A letter would tell you for sure) Colt did sell several revolvers of this pattern that are well documented. You have to remember that Colt did not do in house engraving back then like they do now in the custom shop. Also a later trip back to the factory could also have accounted for the new finish and the engraving (indicated by the ampersand on the TG if it is indeed there)... I would like to hear your thoughts on why this could not original????
Bob Best

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

Hi SIGcurious,
Gen Patton was an "ivory handled" kind of guy... He thought pearls were for pimps as JT stated... There are many pictures of Patton carrying his Ivory handled Colt .45 Single Action in various military books ... US Historical Society commissioned Uberti to make a replica of his gun and you find them being offered for sale now and then...Bob Best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts