Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright...I've had it and I want it to be known(not that it matters) that I want a COLT 1911, just like this:

I want it made by Colt...with Colt quality and the Colt logo stamped on it!!

I want it a regular item, not a WWI limited edition.

I want one just like this:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My nickel 1911 picture was to large so I have to add on:

So, Colt, make these pistols in 45acp......did you hear me?? 45acp!! Especially the nickel plated one. I don't want a seires 70 from 1984.

I want a new one from 2012. Yes I have 2-of the 38 supers in bright stainless steel.

Colt....remember.... just like the Cimarrons....or your original 1911.....Blue/Black shiny finish or Nickel in 45acp. Original sights...especially on the nickel. I don't want to hear any B.S. on how nickel on nickel is hard to site in when shooting...or in sunlight its all but inpossible to see the muzzle sight. I'll buy a black magic marker....okay??

***If Cimarron/RIA can make it....SO CAN YOU!!

Colt....you ought to be ashamed!!!

Rant Off:

Cohiba

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
it's all just opinion but imo i think most of what colt makes now is already far better than the two pictured pistols.

·
Colt Forum Friend
265 Posts
You do know you can order two just like that if you like from the custom shop. Contact me if you want to make an order.
Brent

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
You do know you can order two just like that if you like from the custom shop. Contact me if you want to make an order.
Brent
Brent, Mike Reissing, Joe Canali, Mark Roberts and even the General said no to a Nickel plated 1918-1911. Of course this was a few years ago when Mark was on the Civilian side, before his departure and return. Which reminds me. Mark still hasn't returned my phone call !

·
Premium Member
9,519 Posts
I personally would not want the "soft" lines shown on the blue gun. I really doubt that Colt can duplicate the "black mirror" finish found on the earliest Models of 1911 and keep the sharp edges.

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
If all you want is a shiney 1911 those Armscor / Cimmarons would fit the bill nicely IMO, especially if all you were interested in was a pretty shooter. But I'm a COLT guy myself and would absolutely prefer a COLT pistol. And I have to agree with The Judge that the blued Model looks liked an overbuffed re-blue, while the nickel Model looks OK.

If you want a COLT all you need is to do is order one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I agree on the ordering....but its SAD that I have to order a gun that Colt use to make.

Heck, Colt took a chance on that Cowboy SAA and they even took a chance on that 9mm or was it 45acp semi auto pistol that flopped...late 1990's or early 2000?

My major problem is if other companies have a market....wouldn't Colt? Especially the Wild Bunch /SASS shooting. Heck, look at how the model '97 copy is selling and even the '87 lever shotgun. Now there are copies of the Colt Lighting rifle.
I'm glad I have originals of those that I memtioned...I don't shoot the Lighting rifle and may get a copy to shoot.It just seems to me that I have to special order from Colt and buy from my gun dealer...copies.

Maybe I just don't understand marketing, what sells, and what people will buy. I know a lot goes into tooling, marketing, and cost

Maybe I need to stick with being a Scientist and let "other" gun companies make what I wish Colt would....and NOT have to order it.

** I'll shut up and be quiet...I'll light up a nice Cuban cigar(Cohiba) with some George Dickel and wish...

Cohiba

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
If a COLT used to make one then what's the problem? You can still find some really nice vintage COLT Government Models.
I've looked at the M97 copies and that's all they are a copy. The same thing can be said about the Chinese copy of the Ithaca M37. I've ownded a few Model 97s and quite a few M37 Ithacas, and those copies don't pass muster, but they sell for less than than the originals.

Oh; BTW if I'm not mistaken there was a COLT Talo Edition that was just what you wanted

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Sorry but the two pictured guns look terrible to me. The blue one looks way over polished and maybe its just the light but the other one doesn't look nickel to me. It looks like chrome. Like the bumper of my '87 Cadillac. I don't think I want to see Colt making guns that look exactly like those two guns. :p

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sorry but the two pictured guns look terrible to me. The blue one looks way over polished and maybe its just the light but the other one doesn't look nickel to me. It looks like chrome. Like the bumper of my '87 Cadillac. I don't think I want to see Colt making guns that look exactly like those two guns. :p
Thank You! I was refraining from making a post similar to yours as I am much more crude.

The OP shows two CRAPPY looking clones and wants Colt to make them?:bang_wall:

I can only shake my head.:mad:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! What I want Colt to make is something like these....it was the only examples I could describe.

You know...early 1911...maybe from the 1920's style...cool spured hammer, checkered slide release button, that dark blue or black finish.

Nickel...yes!! Never said ANYTHING about pimp chrome!!?? Do they still make chrome bumpers on a Cadillac...my wife's 2011 doen't have one? My Ford Dually does. Matter of fact wouldn't mind it JUST LIKE my 38 supers... Birght stainless steel...look of nickel...less wear. But my 38 supers have those black sites....not GI, blue or nickel sites. They're also not 45acp, I like 38super but I like 45acp waaaaay better.

Never wanted them to make the sorry clones....but as in my original posting...with Colt quality.

If I wanted an Old/New stock....that's what I'd get.

Just wanted Colt to make a traditional Colt in (again) that old time blue/black finish or Nickel...original sites(GI)...in 45acp. Not to have a special or limited edition or have Talo dress one up that they should make.....pretty simple.

As you can tell...I like stock, factory guns. Never dressed up my Sako and H&H deer rifles, my ClassIII,-never even bought any supressors, nor my antique cowboy stuff.

I'm very happy with my Colt/Thompsons in 45acp....those two Colts I'll never complain about!!

If I have to order two like I want.....so be it.

Cohiba

·
Registered
160 Posts
I must admit, the idea of a very very dark blue, mirror polished 1911 from Colt would be splendid! Especially with nice grips sporting gold medallions. Looks great on a Python, so why the heck not?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts