Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To answer your question, yes I like my New Frontier .22 (1972.) It looks to be in the same shape as BulletBob's but it is the 4 3/8" (4.4") barrel.

Going throught the inherent mechanics of operation make it fun to shoot...the four clicks of the hammer and the spinning of the cylinder feel like pure quality. It is accurate enough with it's adjustable sights, but not as accurate as my fixed sight .22 6" OP...at least not in my hands.

It does not have the box or the magnum cylinder, just the LR one. I did buy it from an auction site on the internet for $305 plus $12 shipping. It is flawless and came in a nice soft case and included an extra set of grips (immitation stag.) It wears the black grips.

I do not have to pay FFl dealer transfer fees so that makes that type of purchase more desireable. There is a local dealer that I have bought enough S&W's from (including my fixed sight S&W 629 2.5" Camfour .44 mag...300 made) from that does not charge me, yet, to be the receiving agent.

------------------
C&L

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks. I've seen them around, and they look like quality pieces. I shot my OP .22lr yesterday for the first time. I could put all six in a group that you could cover with a dime at 25 feet with my wrists supported.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good! same results with my 6" OP at 25-30 feet. I am amazed at how accurate the OP is...no need for adjustable sights on that one. Federal HP's in the 550 bulk pack shot to point of aim...PMC Zapper HP's about one inch higher but equally as tight.

My 6" OP in .38 spec. shoots as well also.

------------------
C&L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts