Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member from Denver, CO. Just joined in hopes of expanding my knowledge of the Colt SAA. I have a very interesting first generation in 38spl. That I was hoping to get some additional info on. I will repost that one on the correct thread as soon as i find it.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I'm a new member from Denver, CO. Just joined in hopes of expanding my knowledge of the Colt SAA. I have a very interesting first generation in 38spl. That I was hoping to get some additional info on. I will repost that one on the correct thread as soon as i find it.
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from an old Coloradan, now in California!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Premium Member
20,167 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum!
Most 1st gen 38 specials were made up with Colt replacement barrels and cylinders after WW2. The very few that Colt made before WW2 fall into the group that can't be verified because Colt lost (or had it stolen) the ledger that had those SAA's in it. Posting good pictures will allow some of the members to make their best estimate of whether they think it might be 'all correct' or not. I have a group of some old Colt letters about some 38 special SAA's that were verified before the Colt ledger was lost. If you are extremely lucky, your SAA could be one of those. If not, you can at least see if it falls in the right serial number range.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi and welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.

I have owned and used many different firearms, from bolt-action rifles that I still shoot at the range to high end "slabsides", from old Lugers to SIG-Sauers. To me nothing like how a "CZ Shadow 2" fits in your hand, but the "P226" is a stellar gun that runs like clockwork, especially the older P226s ones made and proofed in West Germany, of course the above is not holy writ, it's just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge, your mileage may vary.

I collected firearms for years, until I realized that an ever-taller pile of unneeded guns made my life no happier, so not long ago I decided to thin my collection and enjoy more what I already owned.

After about 39 years of guns-ownership and thousands of rounds of ammunition I have been reloading over the years, I still love shooting at the range every single week.

JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Shoot safe!

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Welcome from AR. You'll find lots of helpful SAA information on the Forum me thinks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts