Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum, so dropping in to introduce myself and ask a question :)

I'm in Oregon, west of Portland. Not new to guns, but new to Colt firearms.

I picked up a used decent condition Lawman MkIII. It is missing the extractor rod and spring.

I found an extractor rod on Numrich. The spring is the elusive part. Numrich (gunpartscorp) and coltparst.com - do not have them. Brownells - nada.

Do any other springs work, like from other Colt guns? or other revolvers of other manufacturers?

thanks so much.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,467 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome from the Gunshine State, mtdobe. You've come to the right place for tough questions like that one. Enjoy!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hi, thanks for the comments.

Yes, I called colt parts and spoke with him on the phone. He is all out of Mk III or V springs.

However... that said... I learn as I go here. I found out how to remove the cylinder assembly, and lo and behold, the spring and bushing are in the gun. All I need is an extractor rod, which Numrich has. Coltparts has the rods too. So to get this gun up and running, I got off cheap. It needs a good cleaning and all that, but otherwise seems in good shape for her age.

thanks again everyone.

The same part from any Mark III, Mark V, or King Cobra will interchange.
No other gun I know of will interchange, and no other Colt springs will other then the above.

Did you actually contact Coltparts? They list ejector springs for the Trooper Mark III. Part #13:

Colt Trooper MK-III

Other possible sources:

Jack First Gunshop - First in Gun Parts - Rapid City, South Dakota
You have to call.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mtdobe

Sorry I can't help with your search, others have pretty well covered it.

I can welcome you to the forum though.

WELCOME!
Thank you :) good to find you guys.

and I've managed to source my Colt Mk III parts through couple of sources: Numrich and Poppert's. and ColtParts.com does have a selection as well. I even found a set of Colt wood grips for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.