Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After purchasing a Colt police positive 32 police from and Antique dealer in western Wisconsin and doing hours of research on the internet trying to date and figure out what I have, I decided to join this forum and ask the experts. The Antique store told me the gun was a 1929 but this does not jive with the serial numbers I see on proof-house. The serial number is 324383 and the only place I see this range of numbers is on the police positive special line around the 1925 date. There are image002.jpg image004.jpg
no indications that it is a special on the barrel. Just a plain 32 police. I believe it would use a S&W 32 long. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,776 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Have you posted this on the revolver page? Also, do you have any photos of the barrel, specifically of the caliber?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Hello, revolver51, and welcome to the Forum. You sure came to the right place to find your answers. Enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
7,685 Posts
welcome from North Carolina. If you haven't done it already or got your answer, I would certainly post your same info in the revolver section. There will be some experts along before the weekend is out to probably tell you what year.. what day.. who built it.. how old he was.. what he had for breakfast...:) They do know there stuff on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts