Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellows I´m from Rio de Janeiro and the proud owner of a Colt third series Match Target 6 inch bbl pistol.I use it for plinking and hunting and it´s in my property since 1981 when I bought it in Sao Paulo, Brazil.I´m a musician and in my country is not very usual to find someone into the artistic field who happens to be a shooter or (worse) a hunter.Too much left wing people around!
Regards , Raimundo.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
We have way too many left wingers here too. Congratulations on a very fine colt too.

·
Administrator
7,326 Posts
Welcome Raimundo . /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

How about sharing a photo of your Colt with us ? What kind of ammunition is available in Brazil ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The family has a digital camera but my old computer doesn´t has an USB interface to throw the photos inside it.Alas I don´t have any picture of myself holding the Match Target.The piece has been fairly used all these years and the bluing in some spots is gone, but she is still a good shooter.
Ammo types are much restricted down here and the only brand avaiable is CBC, marketed outside the country as Magtech.They make the standard velocity 40 grain round, a hollow pois subsonic load, and a 33 grain "yellow jacket" like hyper velocity load.As you see choices are pretty slim
I have also a .45/.22 Colt conversion Kit and this year I´m plannig to get an 1911 to use that Kit.
Regards, Raimundo.

·
Administrator
7,326 Posts
Hi Raimundo

Too bad you can't email photos to one of us . We could post for you . Sounds like your computer won't allow it though .

Thanks for the insight . Are you restricted as to where you can shoot ? Are there specially designated shooting ranges or can you also shoot on your own property assuming you have a safe area ?

I have shot Magtech ammo . It's not bad . We also sell it in our store . Mainly centerfire , not much rimfire .

Sorry for all the questions . I'm curious how gun owners in other countries are affected by government restrictions .

Have a good day /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a matter of fact in my city Rio de Janeiro there aren´t many places to shoot.It´s a pity but this is the result of years of anti gun brainwash.I usually go to another place in other state taking my gun with me and risking to be arrested for it.But I take care because I travel with family , kids and it´s very unlikely for the police to make a investigation on one´s car unless there is a reason.There I have several friends who allow me to shoot and hunt on their property.One of them is the uncle of my wife.Problem is that place is far, about 270 Km from here and so it´s not a suitable weekend program.Hey Mitch that shop you linked belongs to you? That must be an incredible´place to be.
Regards, Raimundo.

·
Administrator
7,326 Posts
Sorry to hear of your difficulties with finding a convenient place to target practice . My town has a fish and game club that offers a fishing lake and a gun range with 25 , 50 & 100 yd back stops . Nothing fancy , but it works for me .

It's surprising to me that a democratic country that exports so many guns (Imbel/Springfield , Taurus & Rossi , makes it so very difficult for law abiding citizens like yourself to own and enjot them .

My uncle owns the gun shop . I do most of the purchasing except for archery & clothing . Also , some minor repairs and customer service comlaints too difficult for our sales staff to handle . I've been there 21 yrs ... Oh , yes , I can step out the back door of our store and use our 50 yd range if I get the shakes from not shooting enough /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I would say "pseudo democratic".I guess democracy is a fancy word - what is its value when you can not own certain calibers and can not carry a gun in your person to defend yourself?
By the way does your uncle´s shop ship overseas?I´m trying to get a Gamo 1250 air rifle in .22 cal.Taurus started to import this model but no more.Since the gun control people are here to stay I would like to hunt with something that I could carry without being thrown into jail.Thanks for any information , regards Raimundo

·
Administrator
7,326 Posts
Sorry , no . We don't ship out of the U.S. .

Good luck to you . I hope your people will be able to change things for the better .

I think you'll like things here at the Colt forum . Good people and lot's of valuable information . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts