Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum, but has been faithfully reading the revolver threads for the past few months since I stumbled on this site researching the Python. I have liked the thrill of firing any guns since the military first introduced the M16 to me at basic training; however, the Python is truly my one and only passion, but couldn't afford one in the past. Now, I have a few Pythons that I have haphazardly purchased within the last year. Though, I own these guns, I have little to no experience or knowledge about them (just know how to aim and pull the trigger). The knowledge I have gained is mainly from this forum (especially from "Dr. D", Mr. Gunkwazy, and many others). I look forward to learn more from all. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I also enjoy the education I've recieved here. Don't worry about shooting the revolvers. If you have fired rifles you probably already know the fundamentals of marksmanship. They are the same for pistols albiet exagerated due to the short sight radius.
Take them out to the range and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Enlighten me!

What does "haphazardly" mean?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Gunsmoke: I purchased my first two Pythons based on appearance (loved the shiny blue) without doing any quality checks. I thought if the gun does not look worn and if I pulled the trigger and the cylinder turned and the hammer was released, the gun works and good to go. Wasn't aware of the timing issue and many other checks to include the condition (percentage rating), grips, shiny bore, etc. What's worse, I didn't even know the asking price was fair or not. After reading the forum, I am a little more educated. I took the guns to a local gunsmith to make sure the timing is correct...just for my satisfaction. Won't be so careless anymore. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
chxyz, welcome to the Forum. There's a lot of Python talk here and you may as well jump right in.

I hope to add a nice shooting example of a six-inch blue Python to the menagerie one of these days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all, and A1A, thanks for the link. I saved the info for future reference.

Also, I have posted my CSP Python on the "Python Showroom". Took me a couple of days to learn the intricate details of posting a pic /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts