Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are a couple drawings I did during class when I was sixteen in 1973. Usually in English class as I recall. Having watched so may westerns I could pretty much remember what the guns and holsters looked like. And I soaked them in looking at my dad's gun magazines. The group scene started with the poker table then characters added in the background as I went over time. Amazingly, I still got good grades in that class. Any grammar mistakes in this post might contradict that, though.

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
We are the exact same age, and I couldn’t stop drawing my whole life right through meetings as a CEO. You would not have doodled in my 10th grade English class though. Miss Douglas was about 23 and wore leather mini skirts. If anything, you worried about how you were going to walk to the next class when the bell rang.

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What's with all the south paws :) , even the guy taking a big swig .
Because being a lifelong victim of southpaw bigotry (we haven’t got our reparations yet) my drawings reflect a fair world that I know will never exist…..and since those guys on the right are facing left how else could you see the holsters? There’s one righty doing a crossdraw there, though.

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya . My wife is a lefty . I just sit to her right at a picnic table , that way we both don't get beans in our face . :)
I hear ya . My wife is a lefty . I just sit to her right at a picnic table , that way we both don't get beans in our face . :)
Same here. Whenever we sit next to each other in a restaurant or wherever my wife automatically sits to my right so we don’t bang elbows all the time. And these high school drawings were done with me hanging my left elbow off the desk because those desks were designed for right handers. Thankfully, Colt SAAs were actually made more beneficial to lefties when reloading, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,597 Posts
These are a couple drawings I did during class when I was sixteen in 1973. Usually in English class as I recall. Having watched so may westerns I could pretty much remember what the guns and holsters looked like. And I soaked them in looking at my dad's gun magazines. The group scene started with the poker table then characters added in the background as I went over time. Amazingly, I still got good grades in that class. Any grammar mistakes in this post might contradict that, though.

Wow! You were an accomplished artist at a young age.

Reactions: WVCOLT

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Damn fine work there Mr. Burp, I would put it on my wall.
Lefties deserve their time in the sun too. I shoot with both hands but some what slower with the left after having sawed all four fingers off some years ago. The Doc put them back on but it's not quite the same.
Take care, Duane

·
Registered
New shooters: Colt SAA 7.5 / 45LC in blue & Henry Big Boy Classic (Brass. 44Mag/Special)
45 Posts
We are the exact same age, and I couldn’t stop drawing my whole life right through meetings as a CEO. You would not have doodled in my 10th grade English class though. Miss Douglas was about 23 and wore leather mini skirts. If anything, you worried about how you were going to walk to the next class when the bell rang.
If you don’t post pictures of your high school doodles of Miss Douglas I think you should be reported to the moderators for malfeasant musings. 🤣 PS When I find my doodles of Charlie’s Angels circa 1978 in bikinis each sporting two SAA’s tied down low, I’ll post immediately as a public service. I think they’re between the mattress and box spring…

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
Matt that’s so cool!
i was 8 in 1973.

In 4th grade I was chosen as one of three in my school district in Pittsburgh to attend the Carnegie Art Institute on a grant, every Saturday 9am-noon. I went from 4th grade to 10th. It was so cool. We’d have classes in the Dinosaur museum one week, the Avian section another and the Arabic another week. It was awesome.
I attribute much of what I do today by having an eye that most don’t for things. It’s my job to see things others don’t.

You have that same eye.
I cherish that holster you made for me.
It has a Colt SAA in it Hanging at my workbench.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Matt, we're about the same age as I graduated from high school in 74. I remember drawing all the time on our Pee Chee's or however you spell it. Doodling was a requirement to get through high school in those days it seemed. Nice work

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If you insist on shooting with the wrong hand , ok by me , I'm woke . :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts