Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Excellent series of articles by Mike V. on the history of Colt SA revolvers:

Genesis Of The Colt Single Action Series | American Handgunner
This looks pretty good. I have all his books which are great. Warning! Naming Dropping Alert!! In 1988 we went to Livingston Mt. to visit relatives. A couple shooting buddies were Venturino's friends so told him about me and he said to give him a call when I got there. I went to his house and he showed me his downstairs gun room. I brought a couple Colts and he showed me some of his guns that I've seen in articles before. He offered to sell me one of those 3rd Gen. nickel Colt Frontier Sixshooters in wood case with his signature replaced one piece wood grips for $600. I still have the article featuring that gun. He was a very nice guy. We went to Big Timber and visited Shiloh Sharps, too. I stuck my head in the factory door and a guy greeted me and showed me around a little. That was a very laid back family operation. I recognized that Shiloh guy as Venturino's one piece grip maker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.