Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw my best friend yesterday.
He moved to a bigger city some years ago, but we stay in touch.

We were talking about the guns we still had, and he still has his Colt Gold Cup National Match.
It was kind of shocking when he reminded me he bought it new in a big farm and home store for $165.00 back in the 70's.

Of course salaries were a lot lower too, but I'm remembering being asked if paying $150.00 was just TOO crazy for a lightly used Python.

Moral to the story: Screw the price, buy dem Colt's.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Dr. D,
I couldn't agree more. And here's another look at the inflation factor:

What cost $165 in 1975 would cost $618.03 in 2005.

Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2005 and 1975, they would cost you $165 and $44.05 respectively.

reference: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi

·
Registered
946 Posts
In about 1970 I bought a new 2 1/2" nickel python for $150 out the door! It was at a end of year sale jack first had at the "gunshop" in lancaster calif. He would put out items for 5 days, with items 10% off 1st day, 20% 2nd etc 5th and final day, 50%! I was in every day checking, night of 4th day it was still there, and we had the heavyest snow storm I remember in 35 years! I couldnt get my truck out and moveing so dug out to street and fired up my harley, rode and bucked snow drifts 10 miles from palmdale to lancaster to be there when he opened the doors. It was like a christmas sale at maceys, where women fight over goods!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts