Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting pretty discouraged with the $3500.00 Pythons, but I finally saw a guy walking around with a couple of zippered gun rugs, so I asked him what he had for sale. He said he had (not one, but two) a couple of Troopers for sale. When he unzipped the case I saw it was a MKV in blue, then he unzipped the other one and it was a 4" Trooper in Coltguard!!! Then he pulled out the boxes and paperwork!!! I freaked out!
Anyway, I paid him, probably too much, but I brought both of them home. The blue on has never been fired, but I think the Coltguard version has, but very little. I just hope I can swing the finances at the end of the month and keep both! It would be terrible if I had to sell one. Here are a few pictures:

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Pristine city! Great finds, congrats, I think you did well. Even if you did overpay, the consequence won't last long for these beauties, nice job!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
We don't overpay! A possible loss may only be realized if or when you decide to sell. Enjoy the great finds, very nice!

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Two beautiful Colt revolvers. Can't remeber seeing a Coltguard Mark V. Whatever you paid today ,they will be worth more tomorrow. Those revolvers are never going to be made again. Enjoy. Keep them both ,don't buy any lesser revolvers ,and you will never look back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the nice comments. I should be able to keep them both if there are no surprises this month. Im still trying to pay off my sons braces, but I think Im good for this month. I tried to do a picture of all three, but they didnt come out to good because my light box is too small. Anyway. thank you again. I just cant get enough of this forum!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Very nice find. The 4 inch is the toughest to find in Coltguard MKV's. It took me years to find one. It was the hardest to find of the 9 MKV Troopers for me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Matt, I was waitng for you to chime in. I think I remember someone saying once that the Troopers didnt come with the combat style stocks. I was wondering what you think about that issue. The guy represented himself as the original owner of these (but obviously I cant prove that) and he said these Troopers are as he purchased them. What are your thoughts? Thank you. Kevin.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man I'm so so so jelous you did great at that show...I don't think you paid to much for the pair...those beautys sure would look great with my troopers

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Hope you can keep them. If you ever think of letting any go , send me pm. I always thought these revolvers should have been better sellers. I still think that if Colt had standardized all their adjustable sight revolvers with the full lug ,vented Python style barrel , they would have creamed the competition.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Great looking pistols. You never overpay for something you really want - sometimes you just pay the right price a couple of years too soon! :eek:

Rio

1 - 20 of 34 Posts