Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to another gun show- nothing but the usual! Over priced new guns, tons of Ravens and Hi-Points, and a few handfuls of over priced semi-collectible Colt's.

We left the gun show, ate way to much fried rat or something at the China Buffet, then decided to stop at a nearby Bass Pro.

I was about to leave there when I spotted an odd looking 1911. It was TINY! I asked to see it and was handed a very nice looking US MADE 22lr autoloader with the Browning name. The gun is a scaled down version of a 1911 that even breaks down like a 1911. I suspect it would chew my hand up if I tried to shoot it, but it would be perfect for my wife, the grand kids, or some one with small hands.

So what say you forum members, any of you know anything about them? Any first hand shooting experiences?

From the Browning website:

1911-22 Pistol -- Links and More Information. - Browning Article

"The Compact 1911-22 version is offered with a 3 5/8" barrel and 4 7/8” sight radius and weighs 15 oz. Overall length on the Compact is 6 1/2""

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I've seen the 1A version, but not the compact. These are both scaled down to about 2/3s the size of a normal 1911 type pistol. I'd love to get one of either size (or one of each). But they are hard to find around here. They also make a fancy one with a glass case and a knife. If the price is right, I'd get it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
After reading about them awhile back, a friend checked around & found one local. Seem to be scarce availability. Just under $600.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Around my neck of the woods, the prices quoted are closser to $500.00 then 6 - But the trouble is getting them.

·
Premium Member
7,344 Posts
They are scaled down .. 15% smaller than a full size 1911. Although they did make the trigger guard bigger to allow the guys with big sausage fingers to get one on the trigger. You can't tell it by looking at it though. They're selling for 600 plus tax. little more on Gbroker for those of you who gotta have one. Still scarce in Eastern NC. I just got the only two (cause I got two boys) that my dealer has seen last year and this year so far.. I walked in when he was unpacking them. I was born lucky.. yes.. just not that pretty. Haven't shot it. I'm sure they list for less.. can list for about anything if you're never gonna get one. I don't know that they are worth the 600.00 The 2011 productions come with a "100 year" canvas pistol case and some paperwork. I don't know how long or how many guns that will continue for. They are finished very well and well built too.

·
Premium Member
7,344 Posts
did a quick search on GBroker out of curiosity. 2 or 3 for sale at $625 or more. (then shipping and FFL fees). One was listed at $550 something. bigger dealer I think cause they had a stock photo and alot of feedbacks. I think it was one of those "call before you bid" listings for a bigger dealer. They might have it though.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
i went with my buddy to Bass Pro in Bolingbrook Il. today - They had 2 for sale - $499.99 ea. - Applied for a bass Pro card got 10% off - Out the door for $496. and change.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I bet he doesn't want to sell it on GBroker for that price!
Naw, he's keeping this one. He's also looking for the short Commander Model. This was the A1 with the longer barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts