Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hodgdon Powder in a email has given notice that the following Powders will be discontinued this year:
being discontinued:

4756, 4759, 7625 and PB.Email was signed by Chris Hodgdon, and dated December 15, 2013.

The email further stated, "but there are many reasons why we are discontinuing
including outdated technology, high manufacturing costs and low sales."

Information Obtained from SASS Website. FYI ONLY..

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
HAVE USED ALL FOUR of these propellents in years [ decades..] past and cannot think of a single place where they are not easily replaced by something else. The first two sort of killed themselves off by their similarity of numbers and handloaders [ ' reloaders' ] confusing them with in some cases disasterous results.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Thanks for the info.,Kid. I never used any of those so it won't affect me. I did like to use H450 for my 30-06 loads. But, I can't find it anymore. I guess they quit making it also.
The powder I use now for the 30-06 and my 22-250 is H380. I have some very accurate loads for the '06 and the 22-250 with H380. I hope they don't stop making it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm very sorry to see 4759 go. It is my go to powder for 45-70 with 300-350 grain cast bullets loaded to 1500+/- FPS in my Ruger #1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.