Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfired since leaving factory, (2012)., Colt LWT Commander XSE, stainless, 45ACP. Just hanging out in the safe. Hasn't even been loaded, just a little oil down the rails..
Box and all the goodies...No alterations, modification or buffacations..

·
Registered
414 Posts
Some Colt's are just too nice to shoot....

·
Premium Member
7,435 Posts
I think Kid and I both have enough to shoot that we have the luxury of having the choice. I’m a very lucky fellow and judging from knowing Kid on this forum for about the last decade, he’s done a lot of shooting and not deprived in any way either.
I recall Kid shooting a brand new Colt in some mighty frigid weather a good while back. 9mm I think it was?

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I recall Kid shooting a brand new Colt in some mighty frigid weather a good while back. 9mm I think it was?
Nope that was a 38 Super...and it was soooo Cold...You couldn’t load your mags outside..We would rush back to the Truck Load mags under the warmth of the heater with engine running, then proceed out side...Projectiles seem to freeze in flight.. Wind chill was below 0 degrees... Cabin fever was so bad I had to to do something..NOW that I did that, Im not anxious to try it again....Instead I’m chasing Bambi this season...I have my Rifle and Camera, hopefully I get to use one or the other, perhaps both ! .35 Remington Marlin 336. Custom features that produce less than 1” groups at 100 hundreds, using Hornady Leverevolution Ammunition.

Thank You for the kind words.....

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I have a shooty collection, so I shoot mine. My 2006 in 45ACP is on top. My 2009 in 38 Super is in the middle, and my 2015 in 9mm Luger is on the bottom.

Fun to take them out on the same day and shoot them next to each other. I also collect coins and stamps for things to take out of the safe and just look at every now and then.

·
Premium Member
7,435 Posts
Don’t fold to the pressure, Kid.
Cause my retort to that is stamps were made for lickin’ to send letters and coins were made for buying things like guns if they’re of any value - those things just don’t interest me for taking up space. it’s all perspective ain’t it. :)

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before some of you have me drawn and quartered... (LOL)...I bought this un with the intent of using it as a CCW Carry...BUT I really wanted a 38 Super... Put the gun in the safe and forgot about it until somebody mention to me they were looking for one...I thought I had sold it but it was still buried... I have already made arrangements to sell this gun as soon as the buyer forks over the $. He’s assures me that he is going to buy it..I have plenty of other toys to play with and frankly some just don’t get enough play time because I tend to favor a couple of them. I shared the picture because it was a nice looking Colt...I have sold off most of my collection with only 6 handguns left...THE EXPENSIVE SAA with the engraving are all gone. Kept the one SAA B/CCH 4 /34” 44 Special with extra 44-40 cylinder. Kept the Colt Custom .38 super, the Series 70 (new Style) Gold Cup, The Kings Improved Colt Official police with Heavy Barrel, The Glock 19X, the H&K VP9SK. If I can’t amuse myself with that, then I need to buy a rubber ducky...LOL

Back out hunting...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts