Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For liability disclosure sake, I'm sure we responsible adults always check to be sure our firearms are unloaded and safe to handle prior to engaging in TV-gun play! :cool:

And do we try to shoot the 'bad guys' before the 'good guys' do?? HA!

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
I always have a handgun(s) next to my chair that I handle while watching TV. Usually a SAA of some sort. In fact, I usually have a long gun sitting here as well. To me it's sort of like a pacifier for a baby-keeps me calm and relaxed.

While I've never shot my TV, I did once blow away my microwave. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I always have a handgun(s) next to my chair that I handle while watching TV. Usually a SAA of some sort. In fact, I usually have a long gun sitting here as well. To me it's sort of like a pacifier for a baby-keeps me calm and relaxed.

While I've never shot my TV, I did once blow away my microwave. :(
Now how are you gonna fix your popcorn ?:)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IT IS MY OPINION that firearms of any kind shape or type are NOT playtoys and should NEVER be treated as such. IN this small list of TV actions there are two negigent discharges and that is uncalled for unacceptable. GO BUY SOFT AIR "GUNS" TO PLAY WITH IF YOU MUST !
And so it goes...
Wil, I should have prefaced my post by saying, "Do NOT try this at home." You're absolutely correct in stipulating that a firearm is NOT a toy. But as safety-focused adults, experienced in handling firearms we should all know when a gun is safe. Handling it at that time should not necessarily disqualify us from enjoying it in a safe, non-shooting scenario. In fact I used to teach some students to practice dry firing a handgun with a coin perched on the front of the barrel. All safety issues help formulate a responsible manner in which guns are used. But your point is valid and well taken sir!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have a family member who went through the police academy 30 some years ago and the firearms instructor made them dryfire their service revolvers at the television every night to learn the revolver well. It sure did work as he could fire a round, with the trigger make the hammer come back to full cock and with a light squeeze of the trigger it would fire and immedately come back to full cock. I have tried that repeatedly over the years but I accidently fire about every 2nd or 3rd round. I believe he could do it for a month without the hammer accidently falling in double action.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.