Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what kind of holsters there are for the .22 caliber Peacemaker and New Frontier? When I have searched online the holsters I am seeing don't really look like they are for the .22's. They look like they are for full size SAA's.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I know that Kirkpatrick makes holsters "to size" and has patterns for .22 Colts and Rugers; it's part of their order form. I suspect most other makers do as well. However that being said, all of my .22 holsters have been bought used on eBay or Gunbroker. Sometimes you get one that doesn't quite fit correctly, I suspect they are a Ruger holster which is a different frame shape, but I don't have a Single Six to confirm - so I just re-sell them.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
They are available, you just have to know what to look for regarding how they are marked. The Eubanks holster is marked 87 CS 4 3/4 on the rear indicating that was made for the Colt Scout with 4 3/4" barrel. It fits that later .22 Peacemaker perfectly. The Lawrence holster for the Buntline is their 120 "Keith" holster, is marked 120B (for Basketweave) 681 on the rear. A look at a Lawrence size chart will show which numbers will fit the various model Colt .22 SA's. I keep a piece of paper handy in my desk drawer with Lawrence size numbers for certain guns that I would like to have a period correct holster for, and when browsing ebay I can quickly identify ones that I want to bid on. Many sellers either mis-identify them or don't even try because they don't have the reference literature available to check.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts