Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea's on a good holster make? iv been looking for a Bill Jordan holster style (or used) but no such luck. All iv found so far is made by Galco. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just got my El Paso basketweave duty holster for my 4" Python and I love it. You can just see the quality they put into it. Now I'm waiting on the belt.

Python holster small.jpg

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,542 Posts
I'm not sure what type of Jordon holster you want.
Do you want the styles pictured above or a uniform duty holster?

Do a simply Google search for "Border Patrol holster" and "Jordon Border Patrol holster" and you'll find holsters made by companies like Bianchi, Don Hume, Tex Shoemaker, Safariland, and more.

Here's a duty type Border Patrol holster. This is the type holster worn by the bad motorcycle cops in "Magnum Force".

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know eBay is considered a 4-letter word by some, but I've gotten some great deals on vintage Don Hume leather. The Boarder Patrol design made famous by Bill Jordan is the Don Hume H216. You would want the No 7 4" to fit your Python (7 fits a medium/large frame and the 4" is the barrel length).

One that includes the Bill Jordan trademark along with the "Don Hume Maker" mark is on sale right now.
JORDAN BELT HOLSTER~POLICE ISSUE 38, 357~Model H216 No.74~DON HUME, MAKER~VGC | eBay
There seems to be a reasonably steady supply and can usually be had for $20-$30 depending on the timing of the auction.

And for general info, sizes of the H216 are as follows:
No 1 - K Frame
No 2 - N Frame (also fits my King Cobra pretty well)
No 6 - not cataloged, but supposedly same as a No1
No 7 - L Frame, Speed Six, Python

1 - 7 of 7 Posts