Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 7 1/2 barrel New Service in 45 Colt that should arrive later this week and wanted to see what you recommend for a holster to use for general field use?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics from the auction. I was looking for one in 45 Colt that was in decent shape but I wouldn’t feel bad about shooting it. I’m anxious to get it in my hands and check it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Wow! Looks great!
Vic

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
The blue on that New Service looks outstanding, and should be preserved with a very good fitting holster. Otherwise, the movement of the gun as you walk in the field will put some wear on it. I'd get a El Paso Saddlery military style from WWI, with the flap. I'd also try to get it lines, if they will do the smooth yellow pigskin. If they can only do suede, look for a used holster.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I second the El Paso Saddlery recommendation. Their Threepersons for a Ruger Super Blackhawk fits a 7 1/2 New Service very well.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
The are huge, that's for sure. Basically horse pistols, meant to be carried by the horse, not the hip! I suppose I'd try a shoulder holster for a 7" one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts