Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are no maker's marks. It came to me with a '32 vintage Official police and appears to have been with it for long enough for the metal snap to wear a circular pattern in the gun's finish.

Any ideas as to who made this holster?

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
When it comes to LEO holsters, there are simply too many makers - this one was cobbled together to fit his idea of both an inside-the-waistband rig, and a high-rise.

'Issue' holsters weren't always maker-marked, but get a flashlight, and you may see something beneath the larger belt loop.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Tho I've not seen this particular one before -- and I've seen a lot -- it's a professional effort. The belt loop on the backside has been moved from its original position.

Anyway, efforts at a thumb snap appeared in the 1950s, so it's newer than the pistol. But the holster itself is not home made. There are not enough construction clues there to suggest a maker; not to worry, an IWB with no such obvious clues had a Berns-Martin stamp under its outer folded loop!

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
Tho I've not seen this particular one before -- and I've seen a lot -- it's a professional effort. The belt loop on the backside has been moved from its original position.

Anyway, efforts at a thumb snap appeared in the 1950s, so it's newer than the pistol. But the holster itself is not home made. There are not enough construction clues there to suggest a maker; not to worry, an IWB with no such obvious clues had a Berns-Martin stamp under its outer folded loop!
Like this one, Red?

·
Registered
692 Posts
There are no maker's marks. It came to me with a '32 vintage Official police and appears to have been with it for long enough for the metal snap to wear a circular pattern in the gun's finish.

Any ideas as to who made this holster?

Best,
Charles
Ran across it's twin on eBay this morning: it's a Jaypee.

jaypee.jpg jaypee1.jpg

Jaypee is J. Parlante (JP), established by the father of today's Cobra Gunskin owner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts